For a while now I have been somewhat unhappy with Godaddy. Living in China, their website is bloated and very slow. There user interface is bloated and complicated. And on top of that, in the slow process of tranferring my domains out over a period of months, I have found their domain transfer-out process to be extremely complicated, and seemingly designed to baffle and confuse casual users (read: discourage domain transfers....)
May I recommend nearlyfreespeech.net, with a very fast, clean website, comparable domain name prices, and much cheaper website hosting prices.
SugarCRM is fundamentally a big, complicated address book, and any migration to SugarCRM can often reasonably include a wish to import a bunch of contact data from another application. In my case, I have a MySQL database.
To get this database into SugarCRM is basically a two-step process:
With "normal" PHP web applications, upgrading is a matter of downloading a tarball containing the new version of the application, unpacking it in the web root, and then running an upgrade.php script inside the new version to update the table structure of the back-end database to the new layout.
Not so with SugarCRM, and it is slightly non-obvious what the upgrade procedure might be. The first thing you notice when you download a tarball is that there is no upgrade (or update) script. Some poking around in the admin portion of the user interface leads to the discovery of an "Upgrade Wizard", so one's first instinct is to feed the afore-mentioned tarball (actually, in this case, a zip archive) into the Wizard. This does not work, and in fact complains about a "missing manifest.php script" in the archive.
In fact, what this wizard is looking for is a specific kind of file: an "upgrade" or a "patch" zip from sugarforge. And this somewhat buried page is where you need to go looking for these things:
(Note: php.ini changes apply to *all* PHP apps on the server.)
If you are getting the error:
Upload larger than maximum POST size (post_max_size variable in .htaccess or php.ini)
There is no simple one parameter solution. I found some good posts
I made the following changes in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini:
post_max_size = 300M
upload_max_filesize = 300M
max_execution_time = 3600
max_input_time = 3600
which should present a maximum file upload limit of 300M and a timeout of one hour.